Leftovers are the best ingredients to make a meal “from scratch”. I’ve been cooped up in the house from an injury but I was hungry and just had to make something! I limped over to the kitchen and looked at what we had in the refrigerator to make for lunch. Chorizo, Eggs, Sub/Hoagie Rolls… hmm… Slim pickins…Aha! And frozen pork roast butt that I sliced and stocked in freezer bags a few months ago.
Do you see where I’m going with this?!? I saved some money and avoided a trip to the grocery store. The slim pickins’ have turned out to be fat and juicy pickins’ instead.
Anything that’s fun, messy, spur of the moment, and comes together imperfectly perfect should have “The Best” as it’s first two descriptive words.
so…Yes, I am calling this recipe The Best Pork Sandwich. It is a deliciously greasy mess of a sandwich with every mouthwatering bite. Have your paper towels ready or tuck your napkins under your shirt collar before your chins drip with egg yolk, chorizo grease and mayo.
This sandwich is not for the faint of heart… literally.
The Best Pork Sandwich
2 links Chorizo or roughly 3/4 to 1 cup
6-10 slices of cooked Pork Roast
2 large eggs
2 hoagie/sub rolls cut in half oiled and toasted
2-4 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 large tomato sliced
Directions for prepping the sandwich:
1. On medium heat, fry chorizo until cooked
2. Fry 2 large eggs suny side up or over medium
3. Drizzle hoagie or sub rolls with oliive oil and broil for 2-3 minutes
Directions to assemble the sandwich:
1. Spread mayonnaise on each of the hoagie/sub rolls
2. Place tomato slices on the hoagie/sub rolls
3. Layer Chorizo, roast pork, and sunny side up egg
4. Top with other half of hoagie/sub rolls