Cheese Tea Recipe – food trend experiment
The main ingredients of cheese tea are cream cheese, heavy cream and sugar. The drink is called “cheese tea” since the ingredients above are whipped together then topped over a tea beverage.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 4
- Category: beverage
- Cuisine: asian
Whipped Cream Cheese Topping
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1 cup cream
- Tea of choice
- Hot chocolate
- whatever drink your heart desires
- whip cheese and sugar, scrape sides occasionally until all the sugar is combined with cream cheese
- think you’re done? nope. keep that whisk whipping
- whip the cream cheese and sugar for at least 10 minutes to consistency of softened butter – soft and smooth
- On a separate bowl, whip cream cheese until soft peaks form
- Fold cream cheese gently in whipped cream
- Top over beverage with spoon or ladle.
- If piping, start from edge of mug/cup or glass
The heavy cream and sugar is whipped up to foam, and softened cream cheese is folded in. This mixture is piped or ladled over a flavored tea beverage.