Chocolate Teff Porridge
- 1 cup Teff Grains
- 3–4 cups Water
- 3 Chocolate Tablets/ Tsokolate Tablea
Directions for slow cooking:
- Bring water to a boil, carefully add Chocolate Tablets, mix until dissolved in medium heat.
- Add Teff grains and mix, set heat to medium low to simmer
- Partially cover and cook for 30 minutes, mix occasionally
- Serve hot with coconut milk or condensed milk, I used both.
- A side of sea-salt or salted fish is optional.
Directions for a faster way of cooking the porridge (less water):
- Lightly grease a non-stick pot, add Teff grains on medium to low heat
- Move grains around with spatula for even cooking
- Wait for a very light popping sound from the grains, let the grains pop for 1 minute
- Carefully add about 3 cups of water to the pot
- Bring to a boil and add chocolate tablets or cocoa powder
- Simmer on medium low for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until Teff grains are tender