We have been trying to experiment on a different milk substitute for our morning coffee and coconut milk was one of the substitutes we were trying out. I love coconut milk in savory and sweet foods and it is a staple in most Filipino dishes, however, I’m not convinced if this milk goes well with coffee at all. Maybe because I like my coffee with no sugar?
Chocolate, however, oh my. yes. oh my.
Hot Coconut Milk Chocolate
Unsweetened Coconut Milk (boxed)
Creamed Honey/Honey or sugar (amount according to taste)
Cocoa Powder (amount according to taste)
1. Measure coconut milk in a pot according to number of servings
2. Bring coconut milk to a low simmer then turn heat down to low
3. Sift cocoa powder 1 tsp at a time into the pot, keep adding cocoa powder according to taste
4. Stir slowly until cocoa powder is fully dissolved, add water if you prefer a thinner consistency
5. Stir in honey/creamed honey or sugar according to taste
Pour slowly in a cup or mug.
Sit back, relax, sip, enjoy … repeat.