Individual Pavlova Recipe
A Pavlova is simply a meringue with a few tweaks to the recipe that create a crisp exterior and marshmallowy interior texture.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4
4 egg whites
3/4 cup sugar – sifted
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon vinegar
- Pre heat oven to 280 degrees F
- Wipe down tools and utensils with vinegar
- on parchment paper, trace circles – depending on preferred size of pavlova
- Remember to put pencil side down on baking sheet
- Pulse regular sugar in a food processor (5 to 10 times) to make the granules finer
- In a mixer bowl, whisk egg whites at full speed until foamy white
- Start adding spoonfuls of sugar gradually until mixture is stiff
- Mixture should be glossy and create stiff peaks
- In a separate bowl, dissolve cornstarch in vinegar
- Gently fold cornstarch and vinegar mixture in the meringue
- Mound meringue on parchment and shape with offset spatula
- Place the meringue/pavlovas in the oven
- Turn heat down to 260 degrees F
- Bake for 45 minutes – don’t open oven door!
- Turn off oven – don’t open oven door!
- Leave Pavlovas be for at least 3 hours to overnight
The use of caster sugar and cream of tartar is not necessary. Use a food processor for regular sugar to make the granules finer.