It’s awesome when everything comes together and just works itself out. Deep thoughts, yes? Let’s talk it over with some Naan Breakfast Pizza. You see, I felt like I scored big time when I found Naan for sale for $1.00 at the grocery store. The printed date warned me that I had a day to use it so I put it in the freezer when I arrived home with the intention of eating it for breakfast/brunch the next day. Morning arrives and there was my groggy self, standing by the kitchen counter with a cup of hot coffee in my hand, staring at two frozen flat pieces of bread. There were several thoughts running through my mind. One, discounts breed impulsive actions… $1.oo bread, why not right? Two, Scrambled Eggs and Bread… again? and Three, it’s too frozen, no way I can stuff ingredients in that like a Burrito. Four, can I just go back to bed?
An easy way to use Naan Bread, frozen or not is to simply gather what you have in your pantry and top the bread with goodies. In this particular recipe, our Naan Breakfast Pizza had onions, sun dried tomatoes, olives, sharp cheddar cheese, and fried eggs.
Greens go well with the pizza, simply toss spinach leaves with a small amount of minced garlic and red wine vinegar (any vinegar will do) or lemon.
Naan Breakfast Pizza
- 2 Naan breads
- 3-4 tablespoons chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 3-4 tablespoons chopped black olives
- 1/2 small onion sliced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese cut into small cubes
- Dried herbs or Italian herbs/spices/seasoning
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- On a lined baking pan, place Naan bread side by side
- Top with all ingredients (except eggs), spread evenly
- Sprinkle with Italian herbs/spices/seasoning
- Bake for 5-7 minutes
For the eggs
- Fry 4 eggs on a greased skillet, cooked according to preference
- Place eggs on top of Naan Breakfast Pizzas before serving