I always grab mozzarella cheese that’s on sale since cheese pizzas are my favorite to eat. In true lazy cook fashion, I bought a pack of ready made pizza crust making this Ricotta Mozzarella Tomato Pizza an easy recipe to make. You can freeze the 2nd pizza and heat it up in the oven after a few days. It will be as good as ever.
To freeze: Wait for the pizza to cool and wrap it saran wrap to freeze. Cut the pizza in half if your freezer is small (like ours).
Two 12 inch pre-made pizza crust
One pound Mozzarella sliced
2 medium sized tomatoes sliced
5cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ cup Ricotta Cheese
3 tbsp Butter softened
Olive oil (optional)
Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
1. In a small bowl, mix Ricotta cheese, 1 tbsp butter, 1/2 tsp oil and garlic.
2. Season Ricotta mix with salt and pepper (according to taste)
3. Lightly brush pizza crust with oil and butter
4. Spread ricotta mix evenly on pizza crust
5. Place tomatoes around the crust evenly
6. Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese generously over the pizza.
7. Top the tomatoes with sliced mozzarella
8. Season with salt and pepper
9. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until mozzarella cheese has melted
Liz @ I Heart Vegetables
This looks amazing! I loooove ricotta!
It was so good, I think I overcompensated on the mozarella and tomatoes, but I can never have enough of all these yummy ingredients lol!