Any kind of noodle dish in the Philippines is called “Pancit”. Since this recipe uses noodles, I’ll be referring to the dish as “Chicken Pancit”. The traditional recipe uses pork as seen in this Easy FIlipino Pancit recipe here.
Chicken has a tendency to be dry and bland so I had to come up with a Filipino Pancit recipe that’s tasty. Since I was making Chicken Pancit (Chicken Stir Fry Noodles) for a friend’s birthday, I didn’t want to risk feeding a group of people with a Filipino dish that’s not well received. I came up with the idea of using store bought Rotisserie Chicken. Since the meat is well-seasoned, Bone Broth can be made from the bones, and the noodles will be more flavorful with the broth’s deep and savory flavors. I usually cook this dish for groups, so I made it easier on myself by buying shredded cabbage/coleslaw mix instead of cutting the cabbage by hand.
To save time, skip making the Chicken Bone Broth and buy ready made Bone Broth at the store.
If using another type of noodles, read package instructions and adjust bone broth amount accordingly
The traditional way of serving pancit is to top the noodles with the cooked meat and vegetables.
Rotisserie Chicken Stir Fry with Rice Noodles
- 1 store bought rotisserie chicken
- 6 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce optional
- 1 16 oz bag coleslaw shredded cabbage and carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt optional
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 16 oz Rice Stick or Bihon Noodles Brand: Excellent
- Instructions for Chicken Bone Broth
- Debone and remove the skin of the Rotisserie Chicken
- Cut chicken meat into small cubes and set aside
- Place only the chicken bones, cartilage, skin in a pot
- Add water, cover, bring to a boil then simmer for at least 2 hours
- Drain bone broth in a bowl and set aside
- Instructions for Chicken Pancit
- Heat oil on a wok or large stew pot/pan (with tall sides) on medium heat
- Add onions and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes
- Add chicken and sauté for about 2 minutes
- Add cabbage and cook for 3 minutes or until tender
- Add Bone Broth, Soy Sauce, and Worcestershire
- Add salt and pepper
- Bring to a boil
- Add Rice Stick Noodles or Bihon
- Cook and mix occasionally for 5 minutes or until broth is absorbed by noodles