Banana Bread falls under what we call “quick breads” which is heavier than a cake but a lot less fussy than bread dough. The recipe below is exactly what the title says simple one-bowl, moist, and easy to make. I would’ve tossed in the words “delicious” and “scrumptious” but you’ll have to bake this banana bread know right?
Banana Bread Flavors
My recipe is basic so you can have a perfect canvas to create layers of other flavors for the bread. I recommend adding 1/2 cup if using one of the add-ons or 1/4 cup each if using 2 to 3 of the ad-on ingredients.
Here are some flavorful add-ons for Banana Bread
- dried fruit
- chocolate chips
- butterscotch chips
- peanut butter chips
What Loaf Pan should I use?
The recipe was made for one 9×5 pan but I made two (large and mini) from one recipe so I can share the goodness with my in laws. Cake pans can be used as well but time will vary. When using different baking pans, use a cake tester towards the end of baking time to ensure banana bread is not over baked – cake tester should come out clean, a few crumbs are okay.
*as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no cost to you.
Tips for Simple One-Bowl Banana Bread
- no need to mash banana in a separate bowl
- no need to sift dry ingredients in a separate bowl
- combine all wet ingredients (including banana) with a whisk
- sift dry over the wet ingredients, fold with a spatula
- fold in add-ons (optional)
- pour in flour dusted pans and bake
- cake tester should come out clean, a few crumbs are okay
Not really into baking right now? try this No Bake Peach Summer Cake. Substitute peaches with bananas (or other fruit) and voila! Banana flavored yumminess.
Simple One-Bowl Banana Bread - moist and easy to make
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 and 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all wet ingredients (including bananas and sugar) with a whisk, smoosh bananas evenly with the ingredients
- Do not whip/whisk ingredients, just mix calmly until evenly combined
- Prepare sifter over a plate
- Measure each dry ingredient and place inside sifter
- Sift dry ingredients over wet ingredients, add any left over dry ingredients from plate
- Fold ingredients together including add-ons (if any) until no trace of flour is seen
- Prepare loaf pan by spraying or brushing lightly with oil and dusting all sides with flour or line loaf pan with parchment paper
- Pour in loaf pan or loaf pans 3/4ths full to prevent spilling during baking
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until cake tester comes out clean, or until top is caramel brown in color